- Our curriculum aims to prepare all children for the next stages in their education.
- We use ongoing assessment to ensure our children achieve well.
- We also ensure that our children have the skills they need to be successful members of our modern British society learning about the following core values; Democracy, Rule of Law, Individual Liberty, Mutual Respect, Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs.
- We believe these aims will develop us spiritually, morally, socially and culturally, therefore helping to prepare us for the next challenges and opportunities in our lives. These values are experienced throughout our everyday school life.
- Our school aims are at the heart of our curriculum.
“The small school has a family feel where children mix across all the classes.”
“I like that it is a small school and the children get to know all ages.”
“Skidby is a close school where people pitch in together with a real sense of community.”
“The school is within a village community and has a caring ethos where the children look out for each other.”
“Skidby school has a strong outlook on values, politeness and behaviour to help see them through their school years.”
“The staff seem to be able to pin point the challenges pupils face and meet their educational needs.”
“The Friday assemblies are a great way for parents to feel connected to the school.”
“The children get individual attention from the teachers and that way teaching is tailored around the child.”
“The teachers very much inspire the children.”
“The staff are friendly and approachable.”
“The governors are approachable, willing to help and want the best for the school.”
“My children are happy.”
“The school has excellent teachers and support staff and has a friendly environment.”
“There is a tangible and positive energy about the place.”
“The children have a good relationship with their teachers.”